A few facts about history
The beginnings of the settlement of Nová Role fall into the period of arrival of the first Slavs, who penetrated here against the Ohře river. It was the trunk of the Sedlcans. At first they settled the poorest parts of Poohří and later settled downstream of Ohře river basins and then the river Rolava. The main subsistence of the Sedlcans was agriculture, and their tribal settlement was Sedlec.
The Sedlec and later founded Nová Role were of pure Slavic origin, unlike, for example, the Nejdek and higher-lying communities that were founded later, ie in the 14th century. Their first settlers became mainly Germans, and their colonization was always supported by the present Czech monarch.
The landscape in the Rolava basin was characterized by continuous deep forests, alternating with bogs and marshland. Residents who populated the upper Rolavy River and the higher positions of the Ore Mountains discovered the site of tin, silver and iron ore.
A preserved monument dating back to the first settlement of the Nová Role from the middle of the 13th century is the remnants of the stone masonry of the original church building, Chapel from 1240-1255. Historical sources do not say who gave the church a stand. We know only that in 1278 the church took over the Order of Cross-Stars with a Red Star and at the end of the 13th century belonged to the Sedlec Factory. However, the first written record of the existence of Nová Role is only in 1293 under the rule of King Wenceslas II. Since this year, the year of the establishment of the municipality is also mentioned.
From the first name to the present, the village has made several changes to its name:
1293 - Nowa Raluna
1355 - Rolaw
1412 - Rolau
1523 - Neu Rolaw
1553 - Nowa Rola
1785 - Neu Rohle
1847 - Neu Rohlau
1854 - Rolava nova (Neu Rohlau)
1923 - New Role (German Neurohlau)
The New Role was one of the oldest settlements in Karlovy Vary, the seventh. Until 1410, Nová Role was the property of the Bohemian Crown. Since 1310, there has been a change of owners, whom the neo-choral chronicler, Ladislav Frnk, made an exact monograph. In 1359-1411 the village belonged to the castle of Loket. In the years 1411-1553 Loket Castle belonged only to the courtyard, the village belonged to the Falknov domain (Sokolov). Since 1554, the whole village belonged to the estate of Šliky, based in Ostrov. In the years 1622-1848 it was the property of Noctics.